Today, February 13, is the 44th day of 2012. We’re a month and a half into our new year. If you are like me, it may feel like the time has flown. I’m posting today to ask you to take a quick inventory.
How are you progressing on the goals and deadlines that you set for yourself at the beginning of the year? Are you making progress or are you feeling stuck or like you have fallen off your priority list?
If things have not gone as planned, please don’t despair. Life happens. From time to time we all fall off track (or even forget where we are going). Sometimes the goals that feel the most inspired aren’t enough to keep us moving. It happens.
If you didn’t wake up today feeling unstoppable, confident and effective in your life, this is your signal that it’s time to shake things up. Don’t fall into the trap of pushing harder at something that just isn’t going to work for you. Sometimes change requires working smarter and differently than you are used to.
The first steps I always recommend:
- Make sure you really know how to put yourself and your goals on your priority list.
- Make sure you are truly spending your valuable time and energy in the places that are important.
- Make sure you have a system in place that ensures that this continues to happen.
- Make sure that guilt and self-blame aren’t distracting and sabotaging you. They serve no one and do nothing but waste time and energy for everyone.
If you aren’t already doing these things, know that they can make an almost instant difference in your life. Simple shifts can free up time and energy, improve your focus and your efficiency, and leave you less irritable and frustrated and more able to give to the others in your life that you care about. (It’s like a Valentine’s Day bonus for everyone :-))
If you struggle to put yourself first without feeling selfish, or simply don’t know how to start, the best resource I know of is the Put Yourself First 7 Day Blast-off. I designed this program for my private clients who needed a quick and easy way to get started on just this issue. Now it’s almost instantly accessible for you to use too.
In just one week, the Put Yourself First Blast-off walks you through the steps so that you can:
- Create (and take) me-time (even if you are busy)
- Craft your winning mindset (and stop setting yourself up with plans that don’t work)
- Find out how to take action without getting stressed or overwhelmed
- Learn some of my best tricks for making it as simple and struggle-free as possible
All in daily, easy-to-digest tips and downloads that show up in your email inbox.
Today is day 44 of 2012. It’s the day to take stock and ask yourself whether you are poised to make the most of the next 322 days. If the answer is not a resounding, “YES!”—it’s time to make a shift.
Are you ready to join the blast-off? Here’s what past participants accomplished in just seven days:
- “I started going to the gym. Adding more veggies/fruit/water.”
- “It was of great help to me to get me started on a daily plan that I wanted, but never seemed to find the time to do.”
- “This program is very powerful and I would recommend it to anyone.”
- “Mission Accomplished Big Time!”
- “Totally loved the program. Have been in a great mood all week just from Putting Myself First. My energy has increased and people are noticing. My friends are contacting me more because I am happier with myself.”
- “My self esteem has increased from focusing on myself. This is powerful and naturally builds confidence which is much more sustainable.”
- “I am calmer throughout the day!”
- “(This program) filled in some pieces I didn’t know I even needed to think about or identify.”
Small changes can pay off in big ways. Are you exactly where you want to be today or is it time for a change? Go here to learn more and get started before another week passes.
Take good care,