The next session of the Emotional Eating Toolbox(TM) Take Action Series kicks off next Tuesday, February 23.
I’ve received a number of inquiries about the program and a number of requests for more information about the following:
What kind of results do people get from participating in this program?
It’s a pretty reasonable question and I realized that I needed to do a better job of answering it. Because the program really helps you examine YOUR individual situation and work at the pace that works with YOUR life, results vary widely and I’m not sure that there are “typical” results. It’s hard to measure the kind of changes that happen in this program. That said, here are some things you can expect and examples of what others have reported:
- You can expect to get really clear on the root of your struggles with food and overeating. That means getting clear on the things you are REALLY craving and needing (many of them aren’t really food).
- You can expect to learn how to stop blaming or being hard on yourself and how to use more effective strategies to move forward.
- You can expect to learn how to put a stop to the eating that feels out of control or over the top–not by depriving yourself but by using another strategy that REALLY addresses your needs.
- You can expect to learn how to stop getting stuck in the same old places, how to overcome self sabotage, and how to figure out what to do INSTEAD of emotional eating.
- They figured out that their eating really wasn’t senseless–there was a purpose to it. Once they understood this, they were able to address the REASON for the overeating directly–find a BETTER strategy for dealing with the reason–and get out of the overeating trap.
- They learned how to stop boredom eating (and how to address the boredom). The same can be said for stress eating, anxious eating, comfort eating, etc.
- They started using new tools to stop stress eating at work and to stop overeating the treats people were bringing into the office.
- They got better at saying “no” to things they didn’t want to do that were triggering overeating.
- They developed a plan for night eating, snacking and bingeing.
- They realized that they needed tools for coping with anger and started building better ways of responding instead of eating out of frustration.
- They developed new strategies for rewarding themselves that didn’t involve food.
I could keep going, but I hope you get the idea.
I can’t tell you exactly what YOUR experience would be with the Emotional Eating Toolbox(TM) Take Action Series, but I can tell you that if you put in the effort and complete the program, you will learn things about yourself, about your relationship with food, and about how to use new strategies, mindsets, and ideas in a way that will allow you to be more effective and in control.
The program starts Tuesday, February 23, 2010 and there is still time to register and be ready to jump in with us in the first tele-call of the series.
You also still have a chance to grab some incredibly valuable bonuses–including the opportunity to have a personal coaching session with me.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Take good care,